Posted: May 17th, 2013
Day of Giving 2013: Thursday, October 3, 2013
NOTE: The Westmoreland Gives site is a public database for a variety of local nonprofits available year round. Not all nonprofits now found in the Nonprofit Search are eligible for Day of Giving 2013. A list of the eligible nonprofits for Day of Giving 2013 will appear at here after the August 30th participation deadline has passed.
Please read the following carefully -
The Day of Giving 2013 will be held on Thursday, October 3, 2013 from 12:00 a.m. ET until 11:59:59 p.m. ET.
1) All donations during that 24-hour period will receive a pro-rated portion of the match pool. (As an example, if the match pool is $750,000 and the total amount raised that day is $8,000,000, then the match may be .09 cents on the dollar.) The match pools for 2013 is approx. $100,000 for Westmoreland County organizations and approx. $750,000 for Allegheny Co. organizations
2) Each nonprofit will receive one (1) check totaling all donation(s), net of the credit card fee, plus the match portion along with donor information within 90 days of the event’s end. The credit card fee is approx. 2.9%. All gifts are for operating support; individual programs cannot be designated.
3) Only MasterCard or Visa credit card donations received through www.westmoreland.pittsburghgives.org or www.pittsburghgives.org during the 24 hours of October 3, 2013 will be matched for this event. No donations via check, cash or stock will be accepted. Discover and AMEX donations will not be accepted or matched. The cardholder must make the donation; no donations will be accepted by third parties.
4) Each gift is 100% tax deductible. The credit card charge will display as a donation to ”The Pittsburgh Foundation” on the donor’s credit card statement. The Pittsburgh Foundation reserves the right to refund the donation for any reason.
5) The minimum gift per organization is $25. The maximum gift that an individual can give per organization that will be matched is up to $1,000. A donor may give a gift exceeding $1,000 to any organization, but only the first $1,000 will be counted towards the match pool (for example, A donor gives $25 to an organization, $25 is counted towards the match pool; A donor gives $1,500 to an organization, $1,000 is counted towards the match pool.)
6) Organizations are prohibited from donating to themselves. A Donor is defined as an individual or corporation/business. The Pittsburgh Foundation and the Community Foundation of Westmoreland County are not eligible for donations or the match.
If you, as a donor intend to make a larger gift amount on the Day of Giving 2013, please inform your credit card company ahead of time. Often the cardholder’s credit card fraud protection will be enforced, and the gift will be declined by the credit card company. Unless a new and separate donation is entered into the system after the card is cleared by the credit card company, the transaction will not be completed – resulting in no gift.
Nonprofits are eligible if they meet the following criteria:
1) Are a 501c3 public nonprofit organization in good standing with the IRS (programs with fiscal agents are not eligible) and;
2) Have a current published portrait on www.pittsburghgives.org by August 30, 2013. Portrait must consist of current contact/staff/board information and the organization’s 990/990N plus audits or financial statements for fiscal years ending in 2010, 2011 and 2012;
3) Primarily serve Westmoreland or Allegheny Counties.
Welcome to Westmoreland Gives!
Westmoreland Gives is the place to find detailed information about Western Pennsylvania’s nonprofits.
The steps are simple. Find a nonprofit. Learn about its mission, programs, leadership and financial information. Become an informed Donor.
Westmoreland Gives provides information at your fingertips with access to in depth portraits of nonprofit organizations in Western Pennsylvania.